Welcome to The Sierra Silver Mine Tour!
What is our Mission?
The Sierra Silver Mine Tour is dedicated to educating current and future generations as to the culture, history and contemporary practices of hard-rock mining in the Coeur d'Alene Mining District.
WHERE WE ARE
The most popular, exciting, and educational tour in North Idaho.Fun for adventurers of all ages! You will personally experience the actual methods of hard-rock mining in the richest silver district on earth! A retired miner is your guide you through a real silver mine. On the short trip to and from the mine aboard our classic trolley, you will be treated to a narrated tour of Historic Wallace. 1 hour and 15 minute tours depart from the ticket office every 30 minutes with the first tour departing at 2pm and the last at 4pm.
During the months of July and August:Step aboard our trolley and back in time for a truly unique history lesson! The 50 minute Ghost Town Trolley Tour departs on the hour from the Sierra Silver Mine Tour ticket office from 11am to 4pm Wednesday through Saturday.
- Adults $15.00
- Seniors (60 and better) $13.00
- Children (4-16 years) $8.50
- (Children under 4 years free) Family rate (2 adults and 2 or more children) $47.00
- Group rates available for 10 or more people with advance reservations.
- School field trips and children's activities groups are always welcome and receive a special rate with advance reservations
- AAA discount
- Open 7 days a week from May 1stthrough October 12th: June through August: 10 AM - 4 PM May and September: 10 AM - 2 PM
- New tour leaves every 1/2 hour - The first tour departing at 2 PM and the last tour departs at 4 PM
- Tour length: 1 hours and 15 minutes
- Bring your camera and a light jacket
- Mine temp. about 50 degrees F (10 C)